If you did NOT complete the Pre-Registration Checklist, you should use the Regular Registration option. If it is not your registration time, you may use the Class Availability site to preview available classes before registration.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you complete the Pre-Registration Checklist to minimize registration errors and to use the Quick Registration option.
To get to Regular Registration:
- Login to MyUH.
- Click on "Registration" in left column under "Student Services."
- You will see the following screen.
- Click on "NO - You need to Search and Register for Classes" (under "I. Completed The Pre-Registration Checklist?").
You may be prompted to select the term that you wish to register in.
- Click on the pull down box next to "Term."
- You will see a number of terms (e.g. "Fall 2007"). Highlight one and select it.
- Click on "Submit."
You will see the following Search Class Schedule screen.
- You must select at least one Subject to execute a search.
- For better results, go to Search Tips.
- After you have made your choices, click on "Get Classes."
Note: Search Tips will show you how to run specifc searches to get results like: English Classes at Kapiolani CC that are Writing-Intensive, all Distance Education classes in the UH System, or all the classes being taught by a specific instructor.
Once you click on "Get Classes," you will get the following Look-Up Classes to Add page.
If you are eligible to register, there should be a check box on the far left of the class listing, as shown below for ART 101 at Hawaii Community College, CRN 16172. If there is additional information for the class, the CRN is highlighted as a link.
To register for a class:
- Check the box of the class you wish to register for.
- Click on the "Register" button at the bottom of the page.
The following in place of the registration check box indicates that the class is not available for registration:
- C= Class Closed
- SR= Student Restriction (i.e., Holds, Academic Standing, Time Ticket)
- NR= The class is not currently available for web registration
- blank= You are already registered for this class section
Note: If you cannot register at this time due to a time ticket restriction, use the Registration Worksheet to record the CRN for when it is your time to register.
Once you click on "Register," you should see something like the following screen. If you have successfully registered for the class on the web, it will appear under "Current Schedule."
Make sure that the class listed under Current Schedule is the class you wanted to register for.
You will need to repeat this sequence (search for classes and register for a class from the search results) for each class if you do not know the institution and CRN of the classes you want to register for.
Note: If there is a problem which prevents you from registering for the class, you will get a "Registration Errors" message. View the Registration Errors Glossary for a listing of potential errors you may receive.