Registration Payment Information and Options
The payment deadline at all UH campuses for Spring 2014 is 4:00 pm (HST) December 13, 2013. Receipt of payment or enrollment in the payment plan on or before this date is required. Registration will be cancelled for non-payment. Students remain responsible academically and financially for any registration that is not cancelled and should drop unwanted classes. Please check MyUH for re-registration opportunities for cancelled registration, subject to availability of classes. Financial aid recipients should follow financial aid award information.
- Select the "View My Charges/Make Payment" link on the MyUH portal homepage or
- Select "Student Services" or "Registration" on the MyUH portal homepage, and select "View My Charges/Make A Payment"
Additional information about payments, payment plans, Authorized Users and eRefunds is available on the University of Hawaii FAQs for Student eCommerce Services.
University of Hawaii employees, and spouses or domestic partners of employees in BU 07, 08, 87 and 88 may find additional information on the Employee Tuition Waiver site.
Authorized Users (parents, guardians, etc.) must first be setup by the student. Then the Authorized User should log in to the url provided in the confirmation email to make a payment or set up a payment plan. Once in the payment homepage, the processes are as shown below.
Select "III. View My Charges/Make A Payment" on the Registration Menu.
You will see the following screen with options for making your tuition payment.
REMEMBER: To avoid dis-enrollment from classes, payment must be received by the Payment Deadline! Campuses have different deadlines so be sure to check each campus you are registered at.
BEFORE you make your payment:
- Under Payment Information, check and verify your Tuition and Fee charges on your account. Click on "View My Account (charges and payments) for Each Term". You may also check your charges on the Student Account homepage (second screen below) by clicking on "Click here to access the Student Account Homepage.". On the Student Account Homepage click on "recent account activity" to view your charges and payments.
- Check to make sure you have met your Payment Deadline (click on "Payment Deadlines")
- Click on "Click here to access the Student Account Home Page".
You have several Registration Payment options available to you. These include
- Online Credit Card or Debit Card Payment
- Online eCheck Payment
- Online Set Up an Authorized User Setting up an Authorized User like a parent or guardian allows them access to view your record and pay your charges online with a credit card or online check.
- Online Sign up for Payment Plan
- Mail-in Payment by Check
- In-Person Payment by Cash or Check
Click on the Payments tab at the top of the page to make an online payment or click on "Pay" in the Action column on the right.
You will then be asked to select a payment method.
If you select "Credit or ATM Debit Card" to pay by debit card or credit card, you will be asked for your card information. If you select "Electronic Check" (checking or savings) you will be asked for your bank information.
On-line debit card or credit card payment option:
If you are paying with a debit card or credit card for the first time, select "Credit or ATM Debit Card". Enter your card information. Save payment method as a specific name (e.g. My Visa Account) and click continue.
If you are paying with a credit card that was saved previously, select that credit card from the Payment Method drop down box.
Select the term and make sure the term displayed is the term you want to pay for. Click on the drop down arrow next to the term to see other terms available for selection. Click on continue when ready to pay the amount displayed.
Press Submit Payment button to make your payment for the term and amount indicated.
Print the next page as a record of your payment and an email confirmation will be sent to your UH email account.
If you selected Online eCheck Payment option:
If you are paying with an eCheck for the first time or a new bank account, select Electronic Check. Enter Account type, ABA routing number, account number, and name on the account. Check option to save payment method for future use if desired. Save payment method as a specific name (e.g. My Checking Account) and click continue.
Check Refund Option box if you would like any future refunds to be direct deposited into this account. Direct deposit is the fastest way of getting refunds from the University. If you check this box, be sure to keep your bank account information updated.
Click on the Continue box in the upper left.
Read and click "I Agree".
Check the term and make sure the term displayed is the term you want to pay for. Click on the drop down arrow next to the term to see other terms available for selection. Click on continue when the correct term is displayed. Then select "Submit Payment" to make your webcheck payment for the amount displayed.
Print the following page as your payment record and an email confirmation will also be sent to your UH email address.
To Setup an Authorized User
Click on the Authorized User tab on the Student Account Homepage and click on "Add an Authorized User" on the next page.
On the next screen, enter an email address for the Authorized User and click on "Add User"
Read the terms of the agreement and click on "I Agree" to continue.
Your Authorized User will receive two separate emails with instructions for accessing your account. One email will provide your Authorized User with a username and the other email will provide your Authorized User with a password.
Signing Up for A Payment Plan
On the Student Account Homepage, click on "Enroll in a Payment Plan" then on "one payment plan" or the "View Plan" link to view the details of the payment plan.
Click on Continue and on the next screen, select "Dispay Payment Schedule"
Review the information on the Budget Worksheet below and select Continue to proceed.
On the next screen, select a payment method to pay your payment plan installments and click on "Continue" when you've made your selection.
Read the Payment Plan Agreement and select "I Agree" to continue setting up your Payment Plan.
Print the following page for your records. Your enrollment fee for the payment plan setup and your first payment has been charged to your selected method of payment.
A confirmation email will be sent to your hawaii.edu email account.
Mail-In Payment by Check
You have the option of doing a mail-in payment by check. The form is available in two formats: MS Word and PDF. You will need to do the following:
- Click on "MS Word" or "PDF" under Making Your Payment, Pay By Check.
- Another window should open up with the form. You should see the following screen.
- Fill out the form. Print out the completed form.
- Write your UH student ID number on the top left of your check. Enclose your check (payable to University of Hawaii) and mail it with the payment form to your Home Institution business/cashier office. Addresses are provided at the bottom of the form.
IMPORTANT: Payments that are mailed in must be received (not postmarked) by the Payment Deadline.
You also have the option to make your payment in-person. You may go to any UH Cashier's Office to make your cash or check payment. UH Cashier offices do not accept in-person credit card payments for tuition. Credit card payments must be made online. If paying by credit card, log in to MyUH and pay online.