Tuition Refunds and How to sign up for eRefunds
Tuition Refund Policy
Students who completely withdraw during the late registration (add) period will be entitled to a 100% refund of their tuition. Student activity fees will be refunded upon complete withdrawal from all classes at all UH campuses during the late registration period. Those who partially withdraw (drop one or more, but not all, classes) during the add period will be entitled to a full refund of their tuition but not their student activity fees. The late registration period varies at each institution. Please check the academic calendar for each institution for specific dates.
For semester-long courses, the refund period is deemed to be the first three weeks of the semester. After the late registration period ends, a refund rate of 50% will be applied to tuition for withdrawals made in the remaining week(s) of the refund period. However, there will be no refunds of student activity fees.
For non-semester length credit classes, the refund period shall be 20% of the instructional period. The instructional period includes all calendar days beginning from the first day of instruction and ending on the last day of instruction. No refunds will be made for courses where the instructional period is 10 days or less, except before the first day instruction. After the late registration period (add period), a refund rate of 50% will be applied to tuition for withdrawals during the remainder of the refund period.
Tuition and Fee Refunds: If you paid by credit card, any tuition and fee refund will be processed as a credit to the most recent credit card used for payment within the last 90 days.
If you paid by cash or check, any tuition and fee refund will be processed as a refund check or a direct deposit eRefund to a checking or savings account of your choice.
To receive your Tuition and Fee Refund as a direct deposit eRefund to your checking or savings account, sign up for Direct Deposit eRefunds on MyUH. Be sure to review your payment profile at least once per term to ensure your information is current.
Note: The University will only process eRefunds to students. This service is not available to the student's authorized users.
- Go to MyUH
- Search for the "Enroll in Direct Deposit eRefunds" task by entering text or keywords (e.g. "refunds") in the search bar, then ENTER.
- The "Enroll in Direct Deposit eRefunds" task will appear in the Search Results section. Click on the task. You will be prompted to login if you have not already done so.
Select “My Account," then “Payment Methods " on the Student Account Homepage.
Select "Add New Payment Method."
Select "Electronic Check" to designate a bank account for eRefunds direct deposit, then click on “Select."
Enter your Bank Account Information:
- Account Type - Select Checking or Savings
- Routing Number - Enter the ABA routing number of your bank
- Account Number - Enter your bank account number. Note: Do not enter the number on your debit card here. View the illustration below and call your bank to verify your Routing Number and Bank Account number:
- Confirm Account Number - Re-enter your bank account number.
- Name on Account - Enter the name on your bank account.
- Billing Address - City, State/Province, Postal Code: Enter the complete billing address on the bank account
- Refund Option - Check the box that says "Check here if you would like refunds to be deposited into this account."
- Save Payment Method As - Enter a name that will help you identify the account, e.g. “Mom’s Checking”
DOUBLE CHECK ALL INFORMATION
Select the "Continue" button to save your transaction.
Please read the following agreement carefully. Check the "I Agree" box and click on “Continue.” Print this page for your records.
The following page will confirm that your bank account has been saved.
If you are using an ACH bank account for payment, your account will be subject to a pre-note verification process. The verification may take up to five (5) business days to process, and you will not be able to use the account for payments/eRefunds until the pre-note process is complete.
Please note the status of the account:
- Awaiting Verification: Account is subject to prenote verification from your bank, and is not available to be used for payments or refunds. This account will not appear in as an approved payment method when you are making a payment, and you must use an alternate method of payment.
- Verified – Ready for use: Account has passed prenote verification, and is available to be used for payments or refunds.
- FAILED VERIFICATION: Account has not passed the prenote verification. You should have received a notification email from email@example.com that your checking account validation has failed. Please confirm your bank account number and ABA routing number with your bank, and create a new payment method, or use an alternate method of payment.
If you would like to designate an existing bank account as an erefund account, locate your account under “My Account,” “Payment Methods.” Only one account may be designated as an erefund account at a time.
Locate the account you wish to receive eRefunds, and click on “Edit”.
On the Edit Payment Method page shown below, under Refund Options, check the box if you would like refunds to be deposited to the account you selected.
Click the "Save" button to save this transaction.
The following page will confirm that your refund account has been saved, and the account may be used to receive eRefunds.