Registration Payment Information and Options
Fall 2016 Payment of Tuition and Fees
Students are academically and financially responsible for any registration that is not cancelled and should drop unwanted classes. Financial aid recipients should follow financial aid award information.
- Select the "View My Charges/Make Payment" link on the MyUH portal homepage or
- Select "Student Services" or "Registration" on the MyUH portal homepage, and select "View My Charges/Make A Payment"
Additional information about payments, payment plans, Authorized Users and eRefunds is available on the University of Hawaii FAQs for Student eCommerce Services.
University of Hawaii employees, and spouses or domestic partners of employees in BU 07, 08, 87 and 88 may find additional information on the Employee Tuition Waiver site.
Authorized Users (parents, guardians, etc.) must first be setup by the student. Then the Authorized User should log in to the url provided in the confirmation email to make a payment or set up a payment plan. Once in the payment homepage, the processes are as shown below.
Select "III. View My Charges/Make A Payment" on the Registration Menu.
You will see the following screen with options for making your tuition payment.
REMEMBER: To avoid dis-enrollment from classes, payment must be received by the Payment Deadline! Campuses have different deadlines so be sure to check each campus you are registered at.
BEFORE you make your payment:
- Under Payment Information, check and verify your Tuition and Fee charges on your account. Click on "View My Account (charges and payments) for Each Term". You may also check your charges on the Student Account homepage (second screen below) by clicking on "Click here to access the Student Account Homepage." On the Student Account Homepage click on "recent account activity" to view your charges and payments.
- Check to make sure you have met your Payment Deadline (click on "Payment Deadlines")
- Click on "Click here to access the Student Account Home Page".
You have several Registration Payment options available to you. These include
- Online Credit Card or Debit Card Payment
- Online eCheck Payment
- Online Set Up an Authorized User Setting up an Authorized User like a parent or guardian allows them access to view your record and pay your charges online with a credit card or online check.
- Online Sign up for Payment Plan
- Mail-in Payment by Check
- In-Person Payment by Cash or Check
Click on "Make a Payment" to make an online payment.
You will then be asked to select charges you wish to pay for. You may select your current account balance or select charges for a specific term. Note: Your payment will always be applied to the oldest unpaid balance first, even if the charge is from a previous term. Then press “Continue.”
You will then be asked to select a payment method.
If you select "New Credit or Debit Card" to pay by debit card or credit card, you will be asked for your card information. If you select "New Electronic Check" (checking or savings) you will be asked for your bank information.
On-line debit card or credit card payment option:
If you are paying with a debit card or credit card for the first time, select "New Credit or Debit Card." Enter your card information and cardholder billing information.
Save payment method as a specific name (e.g. My Visa Account) and click continue.
If you are paying with a card that was saved previously, select that card from the "Payment Method" drop down box.
Review the payment details (payment date, amount paid, account number, etc), then press "Submit Payment" button to make your payment. Once a payment is submitted, it cannot be reversed.
Print the next page as a record of your payment. An email confirmation will also be sent to your UH email account.
On-line Electronic Check (checking/savings) option:
If you are paying with an eCheck for the first time or a new bank account, select "New Electronic Check (checking/savings)." Select Account type, enter ABA routing number, account number, and name on the account. Checking the Refund Option is highly recommended. Any future refunds will be deposited directly into this account. Direct deposit of funds is the fastest, safest and most convenient way to receive your student refund. If you check this box, be sure to keep your bank account information updated.
Check the option to save this payment method for future use if desired. Save payment method as a specific name (e.g. My Checking Account) and click "Continue."
Review the details of your payment and the terms and conditions for paying by electronic check. Click the "I Agree to the above terms and conditions" statement and click on the "Submit Payment" button. Once a payment is submitted, it cannot be reversed.
Print the following page as your payment record. An email confirmation will also be sent to your UH email account.
To Setup an Authorized User
Click on the "Authorized User tab" on the Student Account Homepage.
On the next page, enter the email address of the Authorized User" and click "Continue."
Read the terms of the agreement and click on "I Agree." Then click "Continue."
Your Authorized User will receive two separate emails with instructions for accessing your account. One email will provide your Authorized User with a username and the other email will provide your Authorized User with a password.
Signing Up for A Payment Plan
Payment plans are available for the Fall and Spring terms only, and are available for enrollment during specific time periods. Please check the University of Hawaii Installment Payment Plan for payment plan enrollment dates. On the Student Account Homepage, click on "Payment Plans" then on " Enroll Now” and select the appropriate term.
Click on "Continue" and on the next screen, select "Display Payment Schedule."
Review the information on the Schedule below and select "Continue" to proceed.
On the next screen, select a payment method to pay your payment plan installments and click on "Select” when you've made your selection.
Read the Payment Plan Agreement and select "I Agree" to continue setting up your Payment Plan.
Print the following page for your records. Your enrollment fee for the payment plan setup and your first payment has been charged to your selected method of payment.
A confirmation email will be sent to your hawaii.edu email account.
Mail-In Payment by Check
You have the option of doing a mail-in payment by check. The form is available in two formats: MS Word and PDF. You will need to do the following:
- Click on "MS Word" or "PDF" under Making Your Payment, Pay By Check.
- Another window should open up with the form. You should see the following screen.
- Fill out the form. Print out the completed form.
- Write your UH student ID number on the top left of your check. Enclose your check (payable to University of Hawaii) and mail it with the payment form to your Home Institution business/cashier office. Addresses are provided at the bottom of the form.
IMPORTANT: Payments that are mailed in must be received (not postmarked) by the Payment Deadline.
You also have the option to make your payment in-person. You may go to any UH Cashier's Office to make your cash or check payment. UH Cashier offices do not accept in-person credit card payments for tuition. Credit card payments must be made online. If paying by credit card, log in to MyUH and pay online.