UH Username and Password
Your UH Username and Password are like electronic fingerprints that identify you and allow access to MyUH online services including registration, email, and access to your personal records. The security of your account depends on how well YOU protect this identity so someone else cannot impersonate you. Protect your UH Username and Password and do not share them with others.
Once you know your Username and Password, you should immediately set up your Password Reset Questions. Establishing these questions will help us verify your identity and allow you to reset your Password online. If you do not set up your Password Reset Questions, you will have to do an in-person password reset should you need one in the future.
What is a UH Username?
A UH Username is a unique identifier for each authorized user (students, faculty & staff) at the UH System. Your UH Username and Password are your personal identification for accessing MyUH, email, web publishing and various other services.
- You will be assigned one UH Username.
- Your UH Username is valid for the duration of your academic or professional career in the UH System.
- Your UH Username and UH email address will not change, even if your name changes or your association with UH alters.
UH Username Log In Issues?
|I Have a UH Username but No Password|
|I Do Not Have a UH Username (or I'm Not Sure)|
|UH Username Not Found|
I Have a UH Username but No Password
If you have a UH Username but cannot remember your password, you will have to request a password reset. You will not be able to access any online services without your Password. This includes MyUH, UH Email, and any login needed to access the Student Information System including registration.
I Do Not Have a UH Username (or I'm Not Sure)
If you already have a hawaii.edu account, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org, then you already have a UH Username. The UH Username is the identifier before the @hawaii.edu (e.g. tennison).
To set up an account or to verify the status of your UH Username:
- Go to the Managing Your UH Username. You will see the following screen.
- Click on "Get a UH Username!" on the right side of the screen.
You will see the following Username Request screen.
- Fill out the form completely.
- Click on "Check Status."
If you correctly filled out the Username Reset form, you will see the following screen. You must now:
- Indicate whether you want to make your directory information public.
- Establish your Password Reset Questions and Answers.
- Select a Password and follow the instructions provided.
UH Username Not Found
Start at the Managing Your UH Username page. After clicking on "Get a UH Username!" or "Forgot your password?," you will see the following Check Status of UH Username screen.
- Fill out the following form completely.
- Click on "Check Status."
The system will check to determine the status of your UH Username.
If the system is unable to locate your record, you will get the following UH Username Not Found screen. We recommend you do following:
- Click on "Check Status of UH Username" and try again. You may have incorrectly entered the information.
- If the information was entered correctly, then you need to STOP and seek in-person assistance from your Campus Representative.