If you need to reset your password, you may do so online if you previously set up your two Password Reset Questions. If you did not, you will need to do an in-person password reset.
Establish Your Password Reset Questions
To establish your two Password Reset Questions you will need to do the following:
- Go to: Managing Your Username. You will see the following screen.
- Sign in using your UH Username & Password under "Managing Your Personal Account."
Once you sign in, you will see the following screen.
- Under "Password Options," click on "Change Password Reset Questions."
You will see the following screen. Do the following:
Click on the Pull down box under "Question 1."
- You will see a variety of questions. Highlight one and select it.
- Provide an answer to the question you selected.
- Choose a different question under "Question 2." Repeat the above instructions.
- Once you have chosen your two Password Reset Questions and established answers for them, click on "Change Question(s)/Answers."
Note: The answer to your questions must be between 5 and 64 characters long. It is not case sensitive. Also be sure the questions/answers you have selected are ones you will remember. You will need to correctly answer both Password Reset Questions to reset your password online.
Online Password Reset
You will be able to reset your password online if you previously set up your two Password Reset Questions. You will need to do the following:
- Go to: Manage Your UH Username. You will see the following screen.
- Click on "Forgot your Password?" in the "Please Sign-in" box.
You will see the following Check Status of UH Username screen.
- For authentification purposes, you will need to complete the following form.
- Click on "Continue."
If you have correctly filled out the Password Reset form, the system will check to see if you have an existing UH Username. If you have a UH Username and have previously established your Password Reset Questions, you will see the following screen.
- Answer your Password Reset Questions. Answers do not have to be case sensitive.
- Type in a new Password.
- Click on "Submit Request."
- If a pop-up window asks "Submit Request?," click on "OK."
If you correctly answered your Secret Questions (and submitted an acceptable new password), you will see this screen.
Note: It will take 14 minutes for your new password to take effect.
- Click on "Continue." You will be returned to the UH System main page.
Remember: Your UH Username and Password are like electronic fingerprints that identify you and allow access to student services and your personal records through MyUH. The security of your account depends on how well YOU protect this identity so someone else cannot impersonate you.
In-Person Password Reset
If you have not set up your Password Reset Questions, there is no way for us to verify your identity to allow an online password reset. You will have to go in-person to request a password reset. Providing a name, date of birth and social security number are not enough to verify your identity online.
You have to go in-person to the Campus Representative at your Home Institution to request a password reset. It may take up to 1-2 days before the password is reset. Some Institutions will require you to go in-person to pick up your new password.
To verify your identity, you will need to show one official photo ID (e.g. driver's license, state ID, or passport) AND provide legal name, social security number (SSN), UH Username and date of birth. Procedures may vary at different locations.
Please establish your two Secret Questions after getting your password reset. This will allow you to reset your password online.